Thursday, February 21, 2013

The last few days my food intake has been very good as far as good goes for me, but I have to wonder if this would be good in a person’s world who doesn’t struggle with food? 

Monday went out to lunch with a friend, ate half of my sandwich and a bowl of soup.  It was one of the healthier choices on the menu - a vegan panini with roasted veggies and roasted red pepper soup (toot toot).  Realized half way through that I was full so put half away for later.  Get back to the office, an hour has passed and I go to grab the other half of the sandwich.  What a second, what am I doing?  I know very well that I don’t need this, but I have a huge urge to eat it.  It’s a very physical sensation, like I really want to bite down on something.  As the day passes the urge grows every time I read a stressful e-mail.  I know I have been an emotional eater, but it’s never been so obvious to me.  Yes the sandwich is still on my desk, and maybe I should move it, but I think it’s a good test. 

Close to 3:00, I give into the ‘wich.  I’m not sure if I waited long enough, or if the hunger I was feeling was legitimate enough, but I resisted the intense emotional urge and dove in.  I’m not going to beat myself up too much here, it is after all a vegan sandwich. 

2/19/13

Breakfast –
English muffin with 1 tbsp of almond butter
Banana
2 x Coffee w 1 % milk & 1 sugar

Lunch –
Grilled veggies on a focaccia rosemary bread with avocado alioli
Roasted red pepper soup

Snack -
apple

Dinner –
Swiss chalet qtr chicken with a side mash and bun
Side soup

Snack
Tarragon and mint tea
applesauce


2/20/19 –

Breakfast –
coffee
granola bar
yogurt

Snack –
banana & apple

Lunch –
Garden salad w oil and vinegar dressing
Bowl of Bacon, Cauliflower and White Bean Soup...(very good recipe will post another time)

Snack –
Green tea
Mulled cider tea

**don’t feel I’ve had enough to eat today…hence the tea overload

Unplanned snacking –
handful of peanuts

Dinner –
Baked cod, rice and broccoli
chocolate pudding

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cher,

    Welcome to the blogging world!

    I'm so excited about your wedding!

    That physical discomfort is anxiety triggered from restricting food. It will go away if you can distract your thoughts.

    Kara

    ReplyDelete